Branching Out

A few months ago, I pinned this image on Pinterest. Loved the lit branches and how it added so much warmth to the vignette.

via pinterest

I had the itch to recreate this look.  Dan and I found some lit branches on a weekend getaway to Bellingham.  I felt like they were a bit pricey ($39 for 3 branches) but we both loved them – and were in the shopping mood….so they became ours!   And after a gathering a few supplies around the house and yard, I was able to put this together.

The supplies were simple to gather up…most of which came from the yard and throughout the house.  The branches are from the woods behind us.

This box of branch lights are from Target and cost roughly $20.  They are LED lights so the glow is a bit different than the ones we purchased in Bellingham but they worked great for the arrangement I put together on our front porch.

Rocks from the yard (Yes, that is rain water.  The northwest IS as rainy as you’d think!)
Find a fun container, vase, metal bucket (or trash can! This one is from Target and I thought it would work great in case I couldn’t find anything else around the house).
Start placing branches and rocks into the container. You will have to fiddle with the position of the branches (both real and lit….make sure you open up the lit branches, spreading out the limbs to make them look more like a real branch….not that real branches are lit. But you get the idea.)  And you’ll probably need to trim the real branches some too.
After a little bit of work, you should have a new piece of decor for your house or front porch! Here are the two I’ve created for my house.
I hope your arrangement brings some fun twinkle to your house this holiday!!
Jen
A few blogs have featured my post!

I’m linking up to:
Photobucket  Photobucket  Holiday          ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 51  Photobucket  fingerprints on the fridge

The Shabby Nest  Funky Junk Interiors Sunday's Best Linky Party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Olive Cooper says:

That is lovely that Debra featured you. The lit branches look wonderful. Nature is in itself decoration enough.

2. Lovely! I especially love the branches in the white urn!
    (I used to live in the Greater Vancouver area in BC, so I remember those rainy winters too!!)

evie @ brown paper packages

3. Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says:

great pinterested creation!

I tried replying to your emai but it wasn't hooked up to an account {it's known as no-replyl, but you have to change your settings in blogger. πŸ™‚

Your header is great…

4. Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} says:

That is such a pretty arrangement…those branches will get a lot of use! thanks for linking up!

5. Heaven's Walk says:

Great idea! Thanks for the inspiration! My mind is buzzin' right now….! πŸ™‚

xoxo laurie

6. Perfect Imperfections by Jeanne says:

What a great look! Both vignettes are beautiful! I have some branches with berries in an old jug and really wanted to add lights. The regular type lights didn't look nice at all, with all the cords showing. Thanks for sharing about the branch lights.

7. Perfect Imperfections by Jeanne says:

PS – I found you from The Shabby Creek Cottage and am a new follower!

8. Cathy @My 1929 Charmer says:

What a great look and idea. I just "collected" branches from my yard. So need to run over to tarjay and pick up the lights. It really looks good. I hope you will consider sharing this with Sunday's Best going on now.

9. Love the look. Hope I can get that look with what I got today. Thanks for the Tutorial.
    Audrey Z. at Timeless Treasures.

10. I love this!!! Unfortunately I know I wont be able to find branch lights πŸ™ Maybe recreate it with rice lights… But this is amazing. Simply beautiful.

11. Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing says:

Very cute idea Jen! Thanks for sharing with the copy cat challenge!

12. Honey at 2805 says:

This is a wonderful idea and a terrific arrangement! Hope I can find the lighted branches!

Thank you for linking this wonderful project to Potpourri Friday!

13. Cathy @My 1929 Charmer says:

Still so beautifully looking. I love simple and beautiful at the same time. did find the lights at tar.jay. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best.

14. visiting from Rock N Share- so neat!! i've never seen these before- looks great!

15. Debra @ Common Ground says:

Love this idea!!! thanks so much for linking up the inspiration and info on making this. I have to find some of these lit branches!! xo

16. mrshinesclass says:

I love this! I will have to find a way to try this in my home. Getting inspiration to try new things is what my Show & Tell party is all about. I hope you will stop by mrshinesclass.wordpress.com and link up this project. The party is going on now.

17. Love it Jen. My front porch needed a little something extra. I think these will be perfect. Just ordered the branches from save-on-crafts.com for $11.99 for three. High shipping, but worth it to have them shipped to me "in the sticks." πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing.

18. Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com says:

Those lit branches are beautiful and I love your "Keep Calm and Merry On" print. Thanks for joining my party!

19. Eileen @ Cottage Beach House says:

This looks awesome. My dog dragged in the perfect branch to help me in my decorating this year. I didn't add lights but yours looks so delightful I just may go back and add some lighted branches to my mix!

20. beautiful !

21. Emily A. Clark says:

Looks great–such a easy and pretty arrangement πŸ™‚

22. melissa * 320 Sycamore says:

what a great idea to mix the led lighted branches with the regular ones! beautiful!

23. Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive says:

Thanks for the tutorial. I've been looking at these, and thinking they were a bit pricey, but I want some anyway!! Now I know what to do! thanks again, and Merry Christmas

24. Hi, I'm Laura Ingalls Gunn says:

Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

Be Merry and Bright!

25. Tutus & Tea Parties says:

I love how this looks! I am going to have to make this next year. Thank you for linking up to A Pinteresting Party! πŸ™‚

26. Tutus & Tea Parties says:

I just wanted to stop back in and let you know this project has been featured this week on my blog:

Hope to see you again for the link up party! πŸ™‚

27. So amazing! and thank you for showing that philips pack. Sometimes it gest difficult for us NON- CREATIVE people to search for proper supplies!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

28. Beautiful!!! I have been perusing your blog and LOVE it!! New follower here πŸ™‚ I am visiting from Home Stories A to Z – love all your ideas and can't wait to try this one (even though Christmas is over, I'm going to do this in my bedroom!) Jaimie

Trackbacks

1. […] the fun urn that I had my lit branches in at Christmas, Β I arranged the branches. I added water and a few rocks to help support the […]

2. […] And oh dear…is that aΒ lantern? {I mentioned last week that I may have a bit of a lantern obsession.} Β I love the red color…It adds some color sitting in front of my lit branch arrangement. […]

3. […] More Twinkling Twigs! – from A Home in the Northwest Blog […]